Exam Code: 70-689
Exam Name: Microsoft Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows 8.1
Your network contains an Active Directory domain. The domain contains client computers that run Windows 8 Enterprise. Users frequently use USB drives to store sensitive files that are used on multiple computers.
Your corporate security policy states that all removable storage devices, such as USB data drives, must be encrypted.
You need to ensure that if a user forgets the password for a USB disk that is encrypted by using BitLocker To Go, the user can resolve the issue themself.
What should you do?
A. Instruct the user to open BitLocker Drive Encryption, select Backup Recovery Key, and then select
Save to your Microsoft account.
B. Instruct the user to open BitLocker Drive Encryption, select Backup Recovery Key, and then select
Print the recovery key.
C. Implement the BitLocker Network Unlock feature.
D. Publish a data recovery agent certificate by using a Group Policy object (GPO).
You have laptops that run Windows 8.
The laptops have Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) installed.
You need to ensure that the application settings, which are synchronized by using UE-V, apply to computers that are disconnected from the network.
What should you do?
A. From a command prompt, run sc config PeerDistSvc start=auto.
B. From Group Policy Management Editor, configure the Windows Connection Manager settings.
C. From a command prompt, run sc config CscService start=auto.
D. From Group Policy Management Editor, configure the Network Connections settings.
Problem: UE-V Agent installation fails with error: The Offline Files service is not running Cause: The UE-V Agent installation failed because Offline Files was not enabled on the system. Resolution: To resolve the issue, enable Windows Offline files on the system.
Windows 7 and Windows 8
Run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
sc config cscservice start=auto
Your company has a main office and a branch office.
Each office contains several servers that run Windows Server 2012.
You need to configure BranchCache for the client computers in the branch office.
The solution must ensure that all of the cached content is in a central location.
What should you run on each client computer?
A. the netdom command
B. the Enable-BCHostedClient cmdlet
C. the Enable-BCDistributed cmdlet
D. the winrm command
Configures BranchCache to operate in hosted cache client mode.
* BranchCache is designed to reduce WAN link utilization and improve application responsiveness for branch office workers who access content from servers in remote locations. Branch office client computers use a locally maintained cache of data to reduce traffic over a WAN link. The cache can be distributed across client computers (Distributed Cache mode) or can be housed on a server in the branch (Hosted Cache mode).
* BranchCache is disabled by default on client computers. Take the following steps to enable BranchCache on client computers:
Turn on BranchCache.
Enable either Distributed Cache mode or Hosted Cache mode. Configure the client firewall to enable BranchCache protocols.
You have client computers that run Windows 8 Pro.
You need to recommend a solution to roll back the Windows Defender engine and the malware signature files on the computers. The solution must minimize administrative effort.
What should you include in the recommendation?
A. File History
B. the Program and Features Control Panel item
C. Windows 7 File Recovery
D. System Restore points
A restore point is a representation of a stored state of your computer’s system files.
You can use a restore point to restore your computer’s system files to an earlier point in time.
You have several client computers that run Windows 7.
The computers have identical hardware and software. The system properties of one of the computers are configured as shown in the following exhibit. (Click the Exhibit button.)
To answer, complete each statement according to the information presented in the exhibit. Each correct selection is worth one point.
Note: You can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro and keep Windows settings, personal files, and applications from the following Windows operating system editions:
Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
You install Windows 8.1 Enterprise on a new laptop that will be shipped to a remote user.
You logon to the laptop with the user credentials, map network drives, and configure the network drives to be always available offline file synchronization.
You need to prevent the user from creating files with a .dbl extension on the mapped drives.
In the Local Group Policy Editor, which setting should you configure? (To answer, select the appropriate setting in the answer area.)
Drag and Drop Question
You manage Windows 8.1 client computers.
You have the following client computer update requirements:
– Ensure that all client computers check for updates twice a day.
– Install all critical and available updates, including updates that require a restart, each day.
– Restart client computers at 11:00 P.M. if required.
– Distribute all updates from a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server on the local network.
You need to deploy Group Policy settings to the client computers to meet the update requirements.
Which Group Policy settings should you enable and configure? (To answer, drag the appropriate Group Policy settings to the correct location or locations in the answer area. Group Policy settings may be used once, more than once, or not at all. You may need to drag the split bar between panes or scroll to view content.)
Drag and Drop Question
A company has Windows 8.1 client computers. All computers have the same hardware and software installed.
The Development and Sales departments have different backup requirements.
The requirements are described in the following table.
You need to select a backup location for each department.
What should you do? (To answer, drag the appropriate resource to the correct location or locations in the answer area. Resources may be used once, more than once, or not at all. You may need to drag the split bar between panes or scroll to view content.)
Your company has five hardware builds for client computers.
The hardware builds are configured as shown in the following table.
You plan to provide some users with Windows To Go disks that contain a corporate image of the 64-bit version of Windows 8 Enterprise and several line-of-business (LOB) applications.
In the table below, identify whether the hardware build is compatible or incompatible with the Windows To Go disks. Make only one selection in each row. Each correct selection is worth one point.
* Windows To Go is a feature in Windows 8 Enterprise that allows Windows 8 Enterprise to boot and run from mass storage devices such as USB flash drives and external hard disk drives.
* 64-bit Windows 8 Enterprise cannot run on 32-bit processors
* Both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 work fine with Windows to Go.
* The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) (pronounced as an initialism U-E-F-I or like "unify" without the n) is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware. UEFI is meant to replace the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) firmware interface, present in all IBM PC-compatible personal computers. In practice, most UEFI images provide legacy support for BIOS services
* The Windows 8 Enterprise 2 GB RAM requirement is meet by the 64-bit profiles:
You have 10 Windows 8.1 Pro client computers. The Storage Spaces settings of the computers are configured as shown in the following exhibit. (Click the Exhibit button.)
To answer, complete each statement according to the information presented in the exhibit.
Each correct selection is worth one point.
If you want to pass Microsoft 70-689 exam successfully, donot missing to read latest lead2pass Microsoft 70-689 dumps.
If you can master all lead2pass questions you will able to pass 100% guaranteed.